What is sea moss?
Sea moss is a sea vegetable grown on the rocks of the ocean also known as seaweed or 'Mwani' in Swahili. Scientifically known as (Eucheuma spinosum)
Where does your sea moss come from?
Our sea moss is naturally grown and harvested in the waters of the Indian Ocean off the island of Zanzibar East Africa.Those that harvest our seamoss work very closely with the government to ensure to waters remain protected. Once harvested it then goes through a drying process and dries by the sun by day and by the moon by night, once the drying process is completed it is then sent for testing to ensure our sea moss is healthy and free from any harmful bacterias before packing and shipping.
What is the difference between the Gold and Purple sea moss?
There is only a slight difference between the Gold and Purple sea moss. The Gold sea moss is known to have a slightly higher nutrient content. However, both are organic products that provide the body with many nutritional benefits.
What is the difference between the Gel sea moss and Raw sea moss?
The Raw sea moss is untouched and remains in its natural form straight from the island of Zanzibar. The Sea moss gel has been made with natural spring water, sea moss and blended until it creates a gel like substance.
*No chemicals are added throughout the entire process*
What are the benefits of sea moss?
- Sea moss is high in potassium a great mental health booster.
- High in Iodine which is needed to make thyroid hormones, which to control the body's metabolism also needed for proper bone and brain development during pregnancy and infancy.
- Sea moss contains 92 out of the body's 102 minerals the body requires .
- High in Iron great for those who suffer with anemia common in pregnancy and good for those red blood cells.
- Supports the Thyroid the compounds Thyroxine and Triiodothyronine found within the sea moss have been used to treat Thyroid disorders.
- Acts as a healing agent to the mucus membranes within the body, removing mucus from the body which is great for the digestive system helping stay at a balanced level.
- Sea moss is high in Vitamin C, rich in amino acids, and antioxidants which all help boost the immune system and the only remedy you need during the cold and flu season.
- Helps with skin conditions raging from eczema to psoriasis as sea moss is high in sulphur.
- Helps regulate blood pressure, by consuming as little as 1 teaspoon daily.
- Helps with weight loss
- High in omega -3 calcium, Magnesium and vitamin-k great for joint and bone health.
- Great for sexual health as its high key minerals such as zinc, Vitamin E & folate a great use for both female and male reproductive organs.
Can too much sea moss be harmful?
Too much of anything can be harmful. Sea moss is high in iodine.
How long does your gel last before spoiling?
Sea moss gel has a shelf life of three weeks, kept refrigerated.
How long does raw sea moss last before spoiling?
Raw Sea moss can last up to 5 years providing it is sealed in a plastic of glass container and stored out of the direct sunlight and away from moist dark areas.
What can I use my gel for?
Sea moss gel can be used as a food supplement by adding 1-2 tsps to things such as:-
- Smoothies bowls
- soups, curries etc
- can be used a vegan gelatine replacement
As well as being a food supplement, sea moss has many external benefits for the skin, nails and hair as it can be used as a key ingredient in things such as :
- Skin lotions
- Shower gels
- hair conditioners
- can be used as a natural face mask in its gel form